002 | What is Psychology? | Why We Do What We Do
What to Expect
In this episode, Abraham and RYANO start at the beginning with the question of "What is Psychology?" Given that psychology is a very term-driven field, terms often need to be unpacked since they don't necessarily always mean what they mean when we use them day-to-day. Questions that they ask include:
- Does psychology apply to everyone or everything?
- What's the mind, and where is it?
- Can it be a science, or is it just a social science?
- Does it require a context?
- Is there room for the brain, or genes?
- Is behavior only observable events?
- What is cognition, and is it included in psychology?
Listen in, and remember that you can reach us directly at 775.525.0908, at firstname.lastname@example.org, through the comments below OR on social via @wwdwwdpodcast or #wwdwwdpodcast through the accounts below.
Any amount helps us achieve our goals.
All donations go back into the podcast, and we update where each dollar is spent here each year. Here's what we're looking to purchase and cover the cost of in the coming year:
- Higher Quality Recording Equipment (Microphones, cameras, etc.)
- Advertisements on various social media platforms to build the Why We Do What We Do Community
- Designer time to create more Merch for our Patreon supporters
- More integration and website development to enhance functionality and ensure a fluid experience
Listen Right Now On Apple Podcast
Listen Right Now On Soundcloud
Listen Right Now On Google Play Music
Listen Right Now On Stitcher
The Why We Do What We Do Crew
Scott "Abraham" Miller| Host & Producer
Ryan O'Donnell (RYANO) | Co-host, Producer, & Social
Tyler Bessire | Videographer & Editor
Miranda Marie Drake | Content Creator
Brendan Böhr | Content Creator
Kara St. Pierre | Content Creator
Andrew Pawlik | Digital Designer
Justin Greenhouse| Musician