043 │ Perspective Taking │ Why We Do What We Do
What to Expect
In this episode, Abraham and RYANO talk about perspective taking - the act of perceiving a situation or event from an alternative point of view. Check out our take! (of course in the nice and consumable listening format sort of way) ;)
Links in this episode:
- Dr. Steven C. Hayes YouTube Video on Perspective Taking
- Perspective-Taking As Relational Responding: A Developmental ProfileLouise McHugh, National University of Ireland, Maynooth
Yvonne Barnes-Holmes, National University of Ireland, Maynooth
Dermot Barnes-Holmes, National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Making Sense of Spirituality Hayes (1984)
- RYANO'S Thesis: An Examination of an Automated Computer Program for Teaching Deictic Relational Responding to Children.
- Premack & Woodruff (1978) - Does the chimpanzee have a theory of mind?
- Flavell (2004) Theory of Mind Development: Retrospect and prospect.
Any amount helps us achieve our goals.
All donations go back into the podcast, and we update where each dollar is spent here each year. Here's what we're looking to purchase and cover the cost of in the coming year:
- Higher Quality Recording Equipment (Microphones, cameras, etc.)
- Advertisements on various social media platforms to build the Why We Do What We Do Community
- Designer time to create more Merch for our Patreon supporters
- More integration and website development to enhance functionality and ensure a fluid experience
Click the image below to support now!
Listen Right Now On Apple Podcast
Listen Right Now On Soundcloud
Listen Right Now On Google Play Music
Listen Right Now On Stitcher
The Why We Do What We Do Crew
Scott "Abraham" Miller| Host & Producer
Ryan O'Donnell (RYANO) | Co-host, Producer, & Social
Tyler Bessire | Videographer
Miranda Marie Drake | Co-Host & Editor
Shane Spiker | Content Creator
Brendan Böhr | Content Creator
Kara St. Pierre | Content Creator
Andrew Pawlik | Digital Designer
Justin Greenhouse | Musician